Vision without execution is hallucination. – Thomas Edison
Executing your plan will be heavily impacted by how you allocate your capital. How you invest your assets should be objective-driven. That’s why we start with a Strategy.
Within that Strategy, we believe each individual, corporation, trust, or foundation will have uniquely different objectives and thus will warrant a personalized and custom investment policy.
The execution of that investment policy will be particular to your situation. The consistent themes and how we think about investing are as follows:
- Costs matter – they can have a huge impact on investor returns and will be constantly factored.
- Taxes Matter – tax management when applicable will be incorporated in every portfolio.
- We recommend long term, patient investment strategies – your timeframe is your advantage as a private investor. ‘Investing is most intelligent when it is most Business-like.’ Ben Graham
- Understand Compound Interest – it is an incredibly powerful mathematical formula and we will make sure your capital is invested with it in mind.
- Behavior – "The investor's chief problem—and even his worst enemy—is likely to be himself." – Ben Graham. Having a plan helps frame your investment decisions and helps remove emotion from the investment process. This is where the biggest mistakes are made – and we will work diligently to help you avoid them.
Financial Advisors do not provide specific tax/legal advice and this information should not be considered as such. You should always consult your tax/legal advisor regarding your own specific tax/legal situation.